Fundraising goal: $2.4 million (fully funded!)
In 2013, NMH built six new faculty homes in what has become known as "faculty village." The $2.4 million project was completed in 2015. Many houses were named in honor of beloved teachers: the late Mec Peller; the late Alice Baldwin and E. Mary Baxter; Bill ’59 and Linda Batty; the late Mary Lighthall Compton ’44; and in honor of the Cole and Kennedy families, both of which include numerous NMH graduates.
The Betsey Moody House was dedicated on May 4, 2018; this was the final dedication in the NMH faculty village. Named for the mother of NMH founder D.L. Moody, the house was funded by Rebecca C. Parfitt Kennedy ’67 and P. Vincent Kennedy ’67 in honor of their parents, children, and grandchildren.
Faculty Houses and Donors
- Bill ’59 and Linda Batty House, given by Tom Draper '60
- Mec Peller House, given with a lead gift by Cyndy Gelsthorpe Fish '78 and with gifts from numerous alumni donors
- Mary L. Compton ’44 House, given by Elizabeth Compton ’72 and Eric Grubman
- Baldwin-Baxter Faculty House, given by Stephen S. Fuller ’58
- Cole House, given by the Cole family
- Betsey Moody House, given by Rebecca C. Parfitt Kennedy ’67 and P. Vincent Kennedy ’67
- Route ’66 (the path to the faculty houses) given by the Class of 1966, with a lead gift from Suzie Steenberger Hill ’66