Summer Session | Virtual Learning Program
June 29–July 31 | for students entering Grades 9–12
Make the most of online learning this summer with NMH Summer Session’s virtual learning program.
For more than 100 years, NMH has offered rigorous academics, innovative teaching, and individualized attention. It’s all offered online this summer through a five-week virtual learning plan with the same personalized touch, close connection with NMH teachers, small class sizes, and excellent support from academic coaches and college counselors that families expect.
For some students, summer online learning at NMH is a chance to experience a challenging academic subject, possibly for the first time. For others, it’s a chance to build on their existing foundation and get a jump on college preparation. Courses marked with an asterisk (see 2020 Courses below) cover a full year's work.
In addition to brief weekly progress reports emailed to parents, a final and more detailed report, along with a full course description, will be emailed to parents at the conclusion of the program. For students who do not currently attend Northfield Mount Hermon during the academic year, final reports and course descriptions can also be sent to their schools; it is up to those institutions to determine granting of credit.
Online Summer Session students benefit from the “head, heart, and hand” approach to teaching and learning at NMH in a virtual setting. Get ahead, fill in gaps, repair academic disruptions, further academic skills and knowledge, and excel for the upcoming school year.
Summer Virtual Learning Program
- Students entering grades 9-12 focus on a course for future placement or enrichment for an intensive, immersive learning experience.
- Welcome and orientation program for online success for all students.
- Virtual learning plan includes five weeks of courses using Canvas, Zoom, and Gmail, plus offline work and nightly homework and projects.
- Small class sizes of no more than 12 students.
- All classes recorded, archived, and accessible 24-7, so students can take part by using the recorded classes whenever they are not able to participate in the live classes.
- Progress reports sent to parents each week.
- Individual and group coaching in mathematics, science, writing, and research.
- College counseling “boot camp” offers weekly hour-long classes and one-on-one counseling.
- Access to NMH library online and coaching in research skills.
- Health and wellness seminars each week.
- Online fitness classes.
- Virtual College Fair.
$1900 College Prep Program
$2100 English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
NMH Summer Session is not able to offer financial aid for the 2020 virtual programs.
Courses marked with an asterisk (*) cover a full year's work in that subject.
- Algebra I *
- Geometry *
- Algebra II *
- Precalculus *
- Topics in Biology
- Topics in Chemistry
- Topics in Physics
- Economics *
- U.S. History *
- Psychology *
- College Writing *
- Academic Writing
- Public Speaking
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Ready to Apply?
Click the button below to download the application form. Save the form, complete the information, save again, then email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment. We are still accepting applications. Apply now!
The $50 application fee can be paid at Payments Online, above.
Questions? Contact the NMH Summer Session office at email@example.com or 413-498-3290.