Rising Scholars Summer Session
Virtual programming for students entering grades 7–9 in fall 2021
Experienced and supportive teachers. Small classes. Opportunities to gain confidence and knowledge. This Summer Session program will help you hone your academic skills in courses that most middle schools don’t offer and in small groups where you’ll get individual attention from expert teachers.
- All programming is virtual.
- Six-week session: June 28–Aug. 6
- Three-week sessions: June 28–July 16 OR July 19–Aug. 6
- Classes meet Monday through Friday.
- Classes meet at either 8:30 am or 10:15 am ET.
- Choose one or two half-morning major courses. Alternatively, you may choose one full-morning math credit course (Algebra I, Geometry, or Algebra II) which meets for three, one-hour sessions (9 am, 10:30 am and 12:30 pm) each day Monday through Friday.
- Math courses are six weeks long and frequently satisfy full-year requirements at other schools.
- SSAT prep classes are offered in the afternoon or evening or on the weekend.
- For each major course, you’ll spend at least one hour each day doing out-of-class work.
- Public Speaking or K-Pop Dance classes are offered in the afternoon or evening.
(NOTE: Exact class times will be confirmed in the spring.)
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Skills in Literature
- The World of the Short Story
- The Art of Writing
- Forensic Science
- Marine Biology
- Social Psychology
- Heroes and Villains
- Medieval History
- SSAT Preparation
- Public Speaking
- K-Pop Dance