College Prep Summer Session
Virtual programming for students entering grades 10–12 in fall 2021
It’s all about focus. You’ll choose one subject and dig into it with inspiring teachers, motivated peers, and small classes. You’ll make real progress; in fact, we think you’ll be amazed by what you can accomplish. Some courses cover a full academic year of content, so there are opportunities to earn credit and prepare to move to the next level. (Note: NMH cannot guarantee this credit or acceleration. Students must obtain approval from their own school.)
- All programming is virtual.
- Six-week session: June 28–Aug. 6
- Three-week sessions: June 28–July 16 OR July 19–Aug. 6
- Classes meet Monday through Friday
- Classes meet in the morning, with the option to join a variety of minor courses in the afternoon or evening, including College Counseling, Public Speaking, K-Pop Dance, or Test Prep Classes.
- For-credit courses require three hours of instruction per day, with sessions at 9 am, 10:30 am, and 12:30 pm E.T. *Students must attend all three class sessions. PLEASE NOTE - we have adjusted some of the class times to accommodate the currently enrolled students' time zones. Please see the course descriptions section for the current class times.
- Non-credit courses consist of two hours of instruction per day, with sessions at 9 am and 10:30 am E.T. *Students must attend both class sessions.
(NOTE: Exact class times will be confirmed in the spring.)
For credit, six-week session
- Math: Algebra I*, Geometry*, Algebra II*, Precalculus, Statistics
- College Writing
- U.S. History
*also open to the Rising Scholars with teacher permission
Non-credit enrichment, three-week sessions
- Topics in Algebra and Precalculus
- Topics in Calculus
- Academic Writing
- Creative Writing
- Writing Revolution: Chronicling and Catalyzing Social Movements
- Exploring Diversity and Social Justice (*DSJ credit for rising NMH 10th-graders)
- Global Ethics in the 21st Century
- Sustainable Solutions
- Sports Analytics
- Anatomy through Yoga
Additional non-credit courses
- Navigating the College Admission Process
- ACT or SAT Preparation
- Public Speaking
- K-Pop Dance
Ready to take the next step?
We are no longer taking applications for Summer 2021.
Please check back in the fall for details of our Summer 2022 plans.