College Prep Summer Session
Program for students entering grades 10–12 in fall 2022
It’s all about focus. You’ll choose one subject and dig into it with inspiring teachers, motivated peers, and small classes. You’ll make real progress. In fact, we think you’ll be amazed by what you can accomplish. Some courses cover a full academic year of content, so there are opportunities to earn credit and prepare to move to the next level.
- Full residential on-campus program
- Online options: Virtual Math Academy, Journalism (3-week) and ESOL
- Five-week program: July 2–Aug. 6
- Three-week program: on-campus July 2–23, and Journalism is offered online from July 4-22
- Classes meet each morning Monday through Saturday with a variety of minor courses and sports in the afternoon. To view a daily schedule click here.
- Students attending the on-campus program also choose an afternoon minor course (unless enrolled in a full credit course) or SAT Prep, and a sport.
- Extensive student activities programming on Wednesday afternoons and weekends for all on-campus students.
Five-week session. All are eligible for credit, unless stated otherwise. For full course descriptions click here.
- Math: Algebra I*, Geometry*, Algebra II*, Precalculus, Calculus, Statistics
- Academic Writing (non-credit)
- Creative Writing (non-credit)
- College Writing
- U.S. History
- World Religions and Contemporary Issues
- Social Justice and Power: Exploring Literature and Oppression
- Global Ethics and Climate Change
*also open to the Rising Scholars with teacher permission
Online Virtual Math Academy offers Algebra II, Geometry, and Precalculus (5-weeks, credit courses)
Non-credit enrichment, three-week session:
- Discrete Math with Python
- Academic Writing
- Journalism (Online ONLY)
- Understanding Your Mind: Neuroscience and Cognition
College Prep minor courses are held in the afternoon from 1:30 to 3 pm.
- Astronomy (only available 3:30–5 pm, instead of sports)
- Community Service*
- Digital Photography*
- Drawing and Painting*
- Public Speaking*
- Renewable Energy*
- Robotics (only available 3:30–5 pm, instead of sports)
- SAT Preparation (additional course fee applies)*
- Summer Session Singers
Students may choose to take two minors in the afternoon instead of one minor course and a sport. Please note that you will be joining students of a different age range for one of the sessions, if you choose to do so. The minor courses also available from 3:30-5pm are marked *.
College Prep sports take place from 3:30 to 5 pm Monday through Friday (except Wednesday). Options include basketball, dance, fitness and strength training, hiking, running, soccer, swimming, tennis, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, and yoga.