Online Application & Instructions

The link to our 2019 online application will be available by mid-October.

Please read the following instructions carefully before proceeding to our online application.

There is a nonrefundable application fee:
$50—U.S. home address
$100—non-U.S. home address

The fee can be paid:

  • online when completing the application form
  • by clicking on the Payments Online link on our website
  • in cash
  • by check made out to NMH, written on a U.S. bank and in U.S. dollars
  • by bank wire—contact the Summer Session office for details

At least one parent email address is required (all correspondence is emailed). Do not list student's email or other adult's email in the parent email field.

Home (Household) address information must be complete. This is especially important for applicants from outside the U.S. as immigration regulations require that we have international students’ complete home addresses. (Do not list business or school addresses in this section.)

If you attended NMH Summer Session previously, you will need to complete and submit a 2019 online application. Only the online application, the application fee, your latest report card or transcript, and a new ID photo are required, unless you are applying for financial aid. If you are applying for financial aid, you must also submit the two teacher recommendation Forms A and B.

If you also are applying to Northfield Mount Hermon for the academic year and have already submitted teacher recommendations and transcripts, only the NMH Summer Session online application, the application fee, and your ID photo are required. Check the appropriate box on page one of your Summer Session application, and we will obtain copies of your recommendations and transcripts (and aid forms, if you are applying for financial aid) from NMH’s academic-year admission office.

If you currently attend Northfield Mount Hermon, only the online application and the application fee are required. We will get a copy of your transcript as soon as we receive your application, and you do not need teacher recommendations or an ID photo. If you currently receive financial aid for the school year, we will get the information we need from your academic-year financial aid form.

Forms A and B: Download the teacher recommendation forms from the online application, and either email each form to the appropriate teacher or print out and give the form to the teacher. Your teacher can email or fax the form directly to us (hard copy/original is not required). Or your teacher can place the form in an envelope you provide, which the teacher should seal and sign across the seal before returning it to you to be mailed to us.

UPLOADS: The following items can be uploaded with your online application before you press the Submit button. After you press Submit, if you wish to send us documents or make any changes to the information on your application, email them to us at Do not create another 2019 online application because this creates a problem with our online application system.

Report Card/Transcript: Your latest report card or transcript, including your most recent grades for the 2018-2019 school year. If final grades are not available, midterm grades may be sent. International students: Because methods of evaluation vary throughout the world, a translation in English of your school’s grading system must be included with your transcript.

ID Photo: Front view of your face—head and shoulders only, not too far away, no hat or sunglasses. A cell phone photo is fine, as long as it is very clear. This will be used to create an ID card for enrolled students.

International Students: If you are applying for College Prep or Rising Scholars courses, send us a copy of a graded essay of at least 450 words that you wrote this school year for your English class. Your name and your teacher's corrections and comments must be included on the essay. If you are applying for English for Speakers of Other Languages, the essay is not required.

You can also see the above information by clicking the Instructions button, upper right corner of each page of the online application.



News articles

Greenfield Recorder