Fighting climate change one idea at a time
Alumni, parents, families, and friends are welcome to join us for the 125th Concert of Sacred Music.
Sunday, May 5, 2019
The first Concert of Sacred Music took place in May 1895, when the students of Northfield and Mount Hermon presented a concert of gospel hymns for school founder D.L. Moody. Sacred Concert is held each spring in the Northfield Auditorium. School choirs are joined by the orchestra and the alumni who return year after year to rekindle the enthusiasm of their singing years at NMH.
There are no tickets or advance reservations required to attend Sacred Concert.
Are you interested in singing in Sacred Concert?
Any member of the NMH community is invited to perform. Even if you have not sung in a choir since you were a student, Sheila Heffernon's vocal warm-ups are carefully planned and coached in a way that will help you find your voice again.
Prefer to play an instrument?
The NMH Symphony Orchestra and Steve Bathory-Peeler welcome community members as well!
Directions to the Northfield Auditorium
- From I-91N - take exit 28A toward Rt-10.
- From 1-91S - take exit 28 toward Rt-10.
- Follow Rt-10 toward Northfield for four miles. (You will drive past the NMH campus along the way.)
- Turn left onto Rt-63 into Northfield. Stay on Rt-63 for two miles.
- Turn right onto Moody Street.
- Turn left onto Winchester Street.
- Follow the signs saying Auditorium.