Fighting climate change one idea at a time
Click here to order a GovConnection computer that is compatible with the NMH network and offered at a discounted price.
How will I know if a computer is compatible with the NMH network?
The news is good: nearly all computers sold today, and within the past several years, will work well on the NMH network. NMH's network uses the same kinds of connections that home broadband networks do, so any computer designed for that environment should work well here. NMH supplies network connections to its student dorms, classrooms, and library. Computers must meet certain basic specifications to be compatible with the network. Most computers from electronics and office-supply stores will be sufficient. We recommend a Windows or Apple laptop with these minimum specifications:
- 2GHz Intel or AMD multi-core processor
- 8 gigabytes of RAM minimum
- 120 gigabyte hard drive minimum
- Wired 100-baseT Ethernet adapter or better
- Wi-Fi adapter that supports 5 Ghz
- Windows 10 or higher or Mac OS 10.14 or higher
Wireless networks exist in all academic and residential buildings.