Parent Update: Aug. 24, 2018
Greetings, NMH parents!
Summer has flown by, and we are ready to welcome all of our students and families back to campus.
You received communications from NMH throughout the summer, and I want to make sure that these final messages aren’t overlooked as you are shopping for back-to-school supplies and clothes, making travel arrangements, and squeezing in a few more adventures with your student. (Recent messages are recapped in the “announcements” section below.)
A few notes regarding registration. When you arrive, you will receive a parent packet that contains this information:
- 2018 Orientation and Registration Schedule
- Friday Registration Letter(for new families and returning 10th-grade families)
- Sunday Registration Letter (for returning 11th- and 12th-grade families)
- NMH Purchase Options 2018 (digital document)
- NMH Family Days Save-the-Date (digital document)
- CMAP Weekday Academic Schedule
I look forward to serving as your NMH parent resource throughout the year, and hope you will contact me with any questions or needs you might have. I will be present at orientation and registration events across campus and hope to greet every family at some point. But please don’t hesitate to stop me if you have a question or just to say hello.
Director of Parent Resources
Message from NMH’s Head of School: In this message, Charlie Tierney extends a special welcome to all families of NMH students.
Dean of Students Nicole Hager P’17 has a welcome message for families that includes a contact list and an introduction to the deans’ office.
Making the Transition to NMH: Whether your student is returning to NMH or is a new community member, sometimes transitions can be bumpy. Here are some tips that may help.
Day-Families’ Gathering: We’ll welcome day families back with a reception, orientation, and special dinner. Please confirm your attendance using this form.
The O’Connor Health and Wellness Center is a great resource for students throughout their time at NMH, not just when the occasional illness strikes. Find out about the center’s wellness offerings (massages or light therapy, anyone?), and read recent health and wellness updates. Also, the directions for using Walgreens’ Express Pay for your student’s prescriptions have been updated.
- 8/27 Resident Leaders, Global Ambassadors, and Ecoleaders arrive by 4 pm.
- 8/29 New international students, Peer Educators, and Service Leaders arrive.
- 8/31 Registration for all ninth- and 10th-grade students (8:30–11am), new 11th-grade–PG students, and all new international students (10–11 am)
- 8/30–9/3 Orientation
- 9/2 Registration for returning juniors and seniors (8:30–10:30 am)
- 9/4 Opening Convocation; classes begin
- 10/19–20 Fall Family Days