portrait of Julia Farmer


I am pleased to welcome you to our engaging, supportive, and distinctive school.

As your student’s experience evolves at Northfield Mount Hermon, you will realize that you are an essential member of both the parent community and of the broader NMH community. I look forward to learning more about your experiences and having conversations with you in the year (or years) to come.

As director of parent resources, I am here as a contact for you. In addition to the support tools on this website, you are welcome to reach out to anyone at NMH. In general, for topics related to your student, the best place to start is your student’s advisor. Click here for the employee directory, in which you can search by name or department.

There are many opportunities for you to follow and engage with your student’s experiences at NMH. Please join us for athletics events, performing-arts shows, speakers, Family Days, and the many other special events scheduled during each academic year. 

Even if you live far from campus, you can take part in your student’s day digitally. Throughout the year, select speakers and athletics events are live-streamed. You’ll also find news and photos of students online. NMH Social displays all our social media posts in one place. Our Flickr pages are constantly updated with new photo and video galleries of student life. You’ll find links to longer NMH videos on YouTube. And our blogs cover topics from NMH history to contemporary world issues.

The parent web pages can help you navigate your way at NMH. You'll find most campus events listed in the calendar, which is updated daily. 

Regardless of your distance from campus, I hope you will remain connected. I look forward to working with you while your student is at NMH; please don’t hesitate to contact me.


Julia Farmer
Director of Parent Resources