From kitchen design to Navy destroyers
Now it's easier than ever to be connected and stay connected.
The NMHConnect mobile application allows you to stay in touch with other alumni wherever you go. Find NMH graduates by name, class year, college, industry, or company.
Happen to be walking down a street in Boston or New York City? NMHConnect will let you know if any NMH alumni live nearby. Moving to Hong Kong for work? Use NMHConnect to find an NMH community in your new home away from home. NMHConnect brings NMH alumni throughout the world to your fingertips, just one click away from a phone call or meeting that could change your day.
• Customizable profile and privacy settings
• Map that shows where alumni live near your current location
• Networking with other alumni via LinkedIn and Facebook
• Information on campus events and alumni gatherings
• Access to Northfield Mount Hermon social media feeds
• Easy uploading of photos and class messages
*Email Verification: The NMHConnect alumni app uses email verification and is limited to use by confirmed alumni of NMH. For questions or if you would like a portion of your profile (email, address, work information, or phone number) to be excluded from this app, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-498-3600.
Apple products iOS 5 and higher. Android OS 2.3 and higher.
- iPod Touch
- Who can use NMHConnect?
- How do I get NMHConnect on my mobile device?
- How do I log in once I’ve downloaded EverTrue and selected the Northfield Mount Hermon community?
- What if I do not receive a confirmation email?
- How do I customize my privacy settings or update my contact information?
- How do I search for people using the directory?
- How do I search for people nearby?
- How do I connect using my LinkedIn account?
- Can I email or call another alum directly from NMHConnect?
- Is mobile traffic encrypted?
- Where is EverTrue data hosted?
- Does EverTrue geo-track users?
- What other schools have an alumni app powered by Evertrue?
- Do you have questions not answered here?
If you do not receive a confirmation email, it may mean that we do not have an email address on file for you, or we have a different one. If this is the case, please contact email@example.com to give us your email address or to verify the email address we have on file.
Unless you indicate otherwise, all of your contact information will appear on the app; this includes name, street, city, state, country, phone number, email address, education, and place of employment. If you wish, you may customize your settings so that particular information will not be viewable by other constituents. If you would like to hide information in your profile, go to “My Profile,” then click on “Suggest an Update” at the bottom of your profile. Then, type in any updates you would like to make and click "Send." Please note that it may take up to two business days for changes to appear.
Click on the "Nearby" tab in the sidebar navigation. A map will appear with pushpins indicating people in your area. Clicking on one of the pushpins will open that alum’s listing in the directory. You may also click the icon in the top right corner of the map to view a list of people nearby. To search for an alum in the map feature, click on the search icon on the bottom of the map. Are you traveling and looking to visit NMH people in other cities? You may search for users across the globe by entering any zip code, city, state, or country, and the map feature will show you that location along with people in that part of the world. You can also click the filter icon on the map page to narrow your results.
The app allows you to connect and network with other people using LinkedIn. When you first log in to the app, you will be asked if you would like to connect via LinkedIn. Once you are in the app, you can view information that people have included in their LinkedIn profiles along with the number of connections you have in common. Anything marked as private in LinkedIn remains private. If you are not connected to an alum, you will not see his/her private information or feed, nor will s/he be able to view yours. Don’t forget to list Northfield Mount Hermon in the education field in your LinkedIn profile, and be sure to join the "Northfield Mount Hermon Alumni" LinkedIn group!
If you opt not to immediately connect your LinkedIn account, you may do so at any time by going to Settings and clicking on “Manage Accounts.” Likewise, you may disconnect the account at any time.
EverTrue does not actively track your location in the background and does not store any history of locations detected. There are two times when EverTrue detects your current location to provide the full app experience:
- When you load the "Nearby" feature (the map that shows you who is nearby). This feature requires the app to detect your location in order to orient the map. It will periodically update your location as long as this feature is open in the app.
- When you share a photo or note with the community and choose to include your location with that photo/note. The app will detect your location once and attach it to the photo/note.
Dozens of secondary schools have the app and more are signing up each week. Included are Deerfield, Phillips Andover, Phillips Exeter, Hotchkiss, Milton, Emma Willard, Groton, Master’s, Suffield, Saint Paul’s, Pomfret, Berkshire, Kent, Milton, and Ethel Walker, as well as colleges such as Amherst, Pomona, Babson, Wesleyan University, Wheaton, and Brown.