My philosophy is: Fail early, so you can eventually succeed.
Tuition, Fees, and Expenses
The tuition, room, and board charge for the 2020–21 school year is $66,810, plus $2,160 for mandatory fees.
Tuition for a day student for the 2020-21 school year is $44,880, plus $2,050 for mandatory fees.
The tuition, room, and board charge for an international student for the 2020–21 school year is $66,810, plus $5,040 for mandatory fees.
Because each student has individual variations in his or her program and interests, it is difficult to itemize miscellaneous expenses.
- Tuition refund insurance is billed at 1.8 percent of your tuition responsibility (tuition less grant). This plan is mandatory unless the full year's tuition and fees are paid by July 15, 2020.
- Healthcare insurance is mandatory for all students. All international students with F-1 student status, without exception, are required to enroll in the school insurance plan. All other students are required to provide proof of valid primary healthcare insurance. A copy of the front and back of your health insurance card is required as well.
- All students should consider the cost of textbooks and other required supplies. Academic expenses vary according to each student's course selections, but typically average $1000 per year.
- All students must have a laptop computer. Inexpensive options, such as Chromebooks, laptops are sufficient for our educational program.
- Our Global Engagement Office provides a range of services for international students and their families. Among these services is our support for families who need student visas (F-1) in order to study in the United States. To offset the cost of providing these services, we have instituted a fee for families whose student is here on an F-1 student visa.
A reservation deposit is payable upon enrollment. NMH requires a $5,000 deposit for boarding students, $3,000 deposit for day students, or $8,000 deposit for those requiring an I-20 form. This deposit is credited to the first payment of tuition and is nonrefundable.
Bills for newly admitted students are sent out beginning in mid-June; initial payments are due by July 15, 2020. In addition to the regular billing schedule, NMH offers a nine-month payment plan to families who wish to make monthly payments. Please call Joanne Graves (413-498-3268) or Angie Fletcher (413-498-3189) in the business office with any questions.
The school regrets that refunds cannot be granted for delayed entrance, withdrawal, or dismissal. As such, tuition refund insurance is required.
If my child enrolls without receiving financial aid, can we apply for aid in future years?
While our financial aid committee will accept and review your application, please be aware that our budget is based on our commitment to fund students already receiving aid. This typically leaves little room for adding new students to the financial aid budget. We expect that if you know you will need to apply for financial aid in future years, you will not enroll your child for the first year without it.