Tuition, Fees, and Expenses
The tuition, room, and board charge for the 2022–23 school year is $69,188, plus $2,296 for mandatory fees.
Tuition for a day student for the 2022-23 school year is $46,002, plus $2,875 for mandatory fees.
The tuition, room, and board charge for an international student for the 2022–23 school year is $69,188, plus $5,291 for mandatory fees.
Because each student has individual variations in his or her program and interests, it is difficult to itemize miscellaneous expenses.
- Tuition refund insurance is billed at 1.55 percent of your tuition responsibility (tuition less grant). This plan is mandatory unless the full year's tuition and fees are paid by July 1, 2022.
- Healthcare insurance is mandatory for all students. All international students with F-1 student status, without exception, are required to enroll in the school insurance plan. All other students are required to provide proof of valid primary healthcare insurance. A copy of the front and back of your health insurance card is required as well.
- All students should consider the cost of textbooks and other required supplies. Academic expenses vary according to each student's course selections, but textbooks typically average $600 per year.
- All students must have a laptop computer. Inexpensive options, such as Chromebooks, laptops are sufficient for our educational program.
- NMH provides a range of services for international students and their families. This fee is for international students with F-1 status. It covers the maintenance of students' Form I-20s and their SEVIS records.
A reservation deposit is payable upon enrollment. NMH requires a $7,500 deposit for boarding students, $5,000 deposit for day students, or $10,000 deposit for those requiring an I-20 form. This deposit is credited to the first payment of tuition and is nonrefundable.
Bills for newly admitted students are sent out by June 1; initial payments are due by July 1, 2022. In addition to the regular billing schedule, NMH offers a nine-month payment plan to families who wish to make monthly payments. Please call Joanne Graves (413-498-3268) in the business office with any questions.
The school regrets that refunds cannot be granted for delayed entrance, withdrawal, or dismissal. As such, tuition refund insurance is required.
If my child enrolls without receiving financial aid, can we apply for aid in future years?
While our financial aid committee will accept and review your application, please be aware that our budget is based on our commitment to fund students already receiving aid. This typically leaves little room for adding new students to the financial aid budget. We expect that if you know you will need to apply for financial aid in future years, you will not enroll your child for the first year without it.