Fighting climate change one idea at a time
Schauffler Library contains thousands of digital and print resources for study, research, and enjoyment.
Here’s an overview of what’s available to all NMH students.
Resources You Can Borrow
- Students can borrow books, movies, audiobooks, camcorders, projectors, screens, laptops, iPods, graphing calculators, chargers, and more.
- If what you need isn’t listed in our catalog, we can probably get it for you through interlibrary loan.
- Members of the NMH community may suggest that the library purchase a book by using this form.
Research, Citation, and Technology Support
• Reference librarians are here to assist you with research on days when classes are in session and during study-hall hours. Whether you want help locating resources for a class assignment, need a refresher on bibliographic format, or need basic technology support, librarians are your go-to source.
• More than 100 digital databases — from “African American Experience” to “World History in Context” — are available online.
• LibGuides, subject-specific resource guides, support specific class assignments.
• NoodleTools helps you organize your research, capturing your source references, notes, and ideas in one place.
• Publication Finder lists the journals, magazines, and newspapers that NMH subscribes to and fetches full text from them.
The library’s Makerspace offers 3D printing as well as 2D printing, copying, and scanning. Special Makerspace events include 3D-printing contests, knitting gatherings, and button making. The library's Media Makerspace offers tools, technologies, and creative opportunities in support of multimedia projects.
The library's Facebook page shares the latest additions to the library’s offerings.