Fighting climate change one idea at a time
Schauffler Library contains thousands of digital and print resources for study, research, and enjoyment.
Here’s an overview of what’s available to all NMH students.
Resources You Can Borrow
- Students participating in on-campus classes can borrow books and movies by requesting them through the library catalog following these instructions. Pickup hours are Monday through Friday, 8—9am and 11am—2pm.
- Equipment is not available for checkout at this time.
- Our interlibrary loan service is available for articles only, not books.
- Members of the NMH community may suggest that the library purchase a book by using this form.
Research, Citation, and Technology Support
- Reference librarians are available to assist students with research via the Ask a Librarian form. Whether you want help locating resources for a class assignment, are looking for tips for searching online, or need a refresher on bibliographic format, librarians are your go-to source.
- More than 100 digital databases — from “African American Experience” to “World History in Context” — are available online.
- LibGuides, subject-specific resource guides, support specific class assignments.
- NoodleTools helps you organize your research, capturing your source references, notes, and ideas in one place.
- Publication Finder lists the journals, magazines, and newspapers that NMH subscribes to and fetches full text from them.
The library's Media Makerspace offers tools, technologies, and creative opportunities in support of multimedia projects.