Fighting climate change one idea at a time
The NMH Math Team has been increasing in popularity and interest over the past few years.
There are about 40 active students on the team, with three student captains sharing supervisory responsibilities. The team meets formally once a week to learn different areas of mathematics and practice with challenging problems. In addition, the captains and faculty advisor offer additional meetings for those who are eager to pursue their specific interests.
The team participates in many local, national and international mathematics competitions, which are fun, interesting, and often quite challenging. These competitions include:
- New England Math League (NEML)
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Math Meet at WPI, Worcester, MA
- Princeton University Math Competition (PUMAC)
- American Mathematics Competitions (AMC 10 and 12)
- Harvard-MIT November Tournament (HMNT), Cambridge, MA
- Harvard-MIT Mathematics Tournament (HMMT), Cambridge, MA
The NMH Math Team is open to all students in every grade. New members at any level are welcome. The goals are to promote the passion, curiosity, and learning of mathematics, and to be competitive and place high in the competitions.
Contact Math Team coach Taylor McNeill if you're interested in participating.