Old stones, made strong again
Sustainability at NMH
Grounded in a tradition of stewardship, NMH fosters a sense of a responsibility for the environmental, economic, and social well-being of our global community.
- Recognize and value the integrity of the natural world,
- Understand how individual actions create collective impacts, and
- Act in a way that secures a healthy future for all.
- Guiding the NMH administration to commit to gold LEED certification for the Rhodes Arts Center and Bolger House,
- Developing and implementing the NMH Green Sale, an annual back-to-school sale of gently used dorm items collected at the previous spring’s end-of-the-year move-out,
- Creating NMH green events standards, making it possible for any NMH event to be certified as sustainable.
- Implementing NMH2O, a campus ban on single-use water bottles.