Middle School or College Prep
Boarding $7,000 Day $2,100
English as a Second Language
Boarding $7,300 Day $2,400
The above program fees (in U.S. funds) for boarding students cover:
- bus transportation between Bradley International Airport (Windsor Locks, Connecticut) and the NMH campus at scheduled times on June 29 and August 3, 2013
- tuition for all major and minor courses and sports, except additional fees as noted in course descriptions
- meals and housing
- medical services at NMH’s health center
- bed linens, towels, pillows, and blankets
- weekly laundry service
- all class-related trips
- for ESL students, placement testing and special program field trips
Other expenses not included in each program’s fee:
- textbooks—total costs range from $50 to $200
- transportation to/from Northfield Mount Hermon (except for the NMH buses to/from Bradley Airport)
- $314 health insurance—students are required to have health insurance that provides medical coverage while they are attending NMH Summer Session; international students are required to purchase NMH insurance (U.S. medical providers cannot bill to overseas insurance companies, and travel insurance policies will not be approved by NMH Health Services); for U.S. residents, participation in NMH insurance is voluntary if they are covered under another adequate health insurance policy, which must be approved by NMH Health Services
- $175 non-refundable activities fee—required fee covers all on-campus social activities and off-campus trips such as excursions to Boston, Six Flags amusement park, Lake Compounce, Hampton Beach, Boston Red Sox game, whitewater rafting, ziplining, shopping malls, movie theaters.
NMH spending accounts can be set up ahead of time when paying the tuition bill by including an extra amount designated for the student’s spending account. Funds can also be added throughout the summer at Payments Online. The amount depends entirely on the personal needs and habits of each student; $10–20 per week is adequate, but students obviously can spend much more. For students with NMH spending accounts, the NMH cashier’s office is open Monday through Friday during posted hours.
For students who do not wish to set up an NMH account, the automatic teller machine (ATM) located in our student center is available at any time, and they can also access ATM funds while on off-campus trips.