The tuition, room, and board charge for the 2016-17 school year is $59,500, plus $2,015 for mandatory fees.
Tuition for day students for the 2016-17 school year is $40,500, plus $1,990 for mandatory fees.
The tuition, room, and board charge for international students for the 2016-17 school year is $59,500, plus $2,965 for mandatory fees.
Because each student has individual variations in his or her program and interests, it is difficult to itemize miscellaneous expenses.
- Tuition refund insurance is billed at 2.4 percent of tuition (less any NMH grant). This program is mandatory unless the full year's tuition and fees are paid by July 15, 2016.
- School health insurance is mandatory for U.S. citizens unless adequate coverage information is provided for an insurance carrier located in the United States. All international students are required to enroll in the school insurance plan. There are no exceptions.
- Both boarding and day students also need to consider the cost of textbooks. Book expenses vary according to each student's course selections, but typically average $900 per year.
- All students must have a computer, so there will be that one-time expense. However, there are many inexpensive computer options; more expensive laptops are not necessary for our educational program.
- Our Global Engagement Office provides a range of services for international students and their families. Among these services is our support for families who need student visas (I-20) in order to study in the United States. To offset the cost of providing these services, we have instituted a fee for families whose student is here on an I-20 student visa (included in the mandatory fees listed above).
A reservation deposit is payable upon enrollment. NMH requires a $3,000 deposit for boarding students, $2,000 deposit for day students, or $5,000 deposit for those requiring an I-20 form. This deposit is credited to the first payment of tuition and is nonrefundable.
Bills for newly admitted students are sent out beginning in mid-June; initial payments are due by July 15, 2016. In addition to the regular billing schedule, Northfield Mount Hermon offers other payment options to families who wish to make monthly payments on the balance they owe. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Joanne Graves (413-498-3268) or Angie Fletcher (413-498-3189) in the business office.
The school regrets that refunds cannot be granted for delayed entrance, withdrawal, or dismissal. As such, tuition refund insurance is required.
If my child enrolls without receiving financial aid, can we apply for aid in future years?
While our financial aid committee will accept and review your application, you should be aware that our budget will have been set based upon our commitment to fund students already receiving aid from the prior year. This typically leaves little room for including additional students to the financial aid budget. Our expectation is that if you know you will need to apply for financial aid in future years, you will not enroll your child for the first year without it.